Wednesday, October 17, 2012

True Colors For Your Dog?

Introduction to Canine Colors

Each individual has a distinct personality that sets us apart from all the rest. It’s that distinct personality that makes people who they are. Identifying their strengths by using the True Colors model makes them shine like the brightest star in the sky.

Did you know that this same theory can be applied to dogs, too? Like people, each individual dog has a distinct personality. Use this booklet to discover your strengths and learn more about yourself and the colorful personalities that make up the Canine World.

This groundbreaking book will introduce you to yourself and your pet in a way you never imagined. Canine colors gives a compelling view of how we can find our perfect canine companion. A must read for every, or soon-to-be, dog owner.

What Are People Saying About Canine Colors?

I recently had the pleasure of attending the International True Colors Association Annual Conference, held this year in Spokane, Washington. All sessions were of interest to me, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

One of the sessions was led by Freddie Dogterom, and she introduced the group to Canine Colors. My initial reaction to the topic was skepticism - in the midst of all the "meaty" subject-matter, what was this stuff about dogs? It sounded pretty "fluffy" to me.

But throughout the session, I found myself thinking back to dogs I had known. Their personalities fit with the general breed characteristics listed, and helped explain and put into context their behavior. I found myself examining my "dog behavior preferences," and came to the conclusion I had not adequately understood the basic needs and values of various "kinds" of dogs.

When I returned home to Edmonton, I went over to a friend's place. He has a Jack Russell Terrier - chronically "misbehaved." But this was my judgment - I had not taken into account the dog's needs for play, engagement and strategic thinking. "Roxie's" needs were not being met. As I integrated this, I began to relax, and found myself enjoying a new level of engagement with "Roxie" - we played "fetch" and "tug of war" for almost two hours while my friend and I talked. The interesting thing that occurred was that after the games, "Roxie" actually calmed down, laid down, contented. She hadn't ever done this before. She was tired, yes, but also very much at peace. Her needs had been met; she could relax. It was wonderful to see.

This experience, in addition to the wonderful session at the conference, gave impetus for this message. Thank you for putting this material together. It is eye-catching, simple, applicable, and "valid." It has already made a significant difference for me, if only with one dog, and I hope to register for the upcoming Canine Colors Certification Training, schedule permitting. If products like this can continue to be produced, within a variety of diverse applications, True Colors International will continue to gain popularity and acceptance. Please continue your good work. Thank you,

Tyler Orn
True Colors Advanced Facilitator

No comments:

Post a Comment